Sunday 27 December 2015

Write a letter to the teacher (or coach) who made a difference in your life, asking him or her for help. What are you asking for? Why?

Hello,

You won't remember me.  Partly I guess because you died.  I don't recall why or when it happened, other than it was quite a while after i'd left school.  I think you may well have contracted something whilst on holiday.  You died before the web really took off so you don't have an internet footprint of any kind and so I don't have any way to jog my small number of memories.  I suspect you'd have liked the internet.

I digress.  I'm supposed to be asking you for help.  I wonder in all honesty what I could ask.  You taught me English (or at least i'm sure you tried to).  I don't really have any questions to ask about English.  This most definitely isn't because I know it all but simply in this world most things you need to know are at your fingertips.  So, what to ask?

Nothing.  Well, nothing that'd help me.

I would however be interested to know what went through your mind in your last hour.  Did you know it was your last hour?  Did you ever think; "Oh, here it comes."  I wonder what you thought over.  That would be my question.  Not because I need to know, or that it'd be helpful but it would be interesting.  I would hope that if you felt you taught me anything at all then it was to be curious and to ask interesting questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment